Friends, do you know who invented the first newspaper? If not, then definitely read this article till the end.
Who invented the newspaper?
It is said that the invention of the newspaper was Johannes Gutenberg in the 15th century. However, it is said that the world’s first newspaper was published by Julius Caesar in Room i.e. Italy in 59 BC i.e. about 21 years ago. And he named that newspaper Acta Diurna, which means keeping the events of the day.
When was the newspaper invented?
Newspaper was invented by Gutenberg during the 15th century. And where does it go that the world’s first newspaper was published in 59 BC, that is, about 2100 years ago.
Who invented the first newspaper in India and when?
The first newspaper in India was invented by James Augustus Hickey. He published the first newspaper in India in the year 1780. This time in India has been called the golden age of newspapers.
Different types of journalism have been used in India at different times. James Buckingham introduced a new approach to journalism in India as well as journalistic practices, referring to the local people and the problems of their lives.
History of Newspaper
After the invention of paper and the printing press, the trend of newspapers grew very rapidly. Newspaper is one of the important inventions. The history of newspapers around the world is divided into several levels. The first newspaper in the world was introduced from Europe.
After the invention of the newspaper, many changes were made in it from time to time. Before the invention of the printing press, newspapers were written by hand. And from the earlier times to the present time, newspapers are given a lot of importance, and it is being used to provide information to the people.
The first newspaper in India was published in an Indian language in 1818 AD. The name of that newspaper was ‘Director’. But the first newspaper to be published indisputably in India was ‘Samvad Kaumudi’, which was published in the 1821s.
I hope you know about the newspaper & Who invented the newspaper?. If you have any doubt comment below in the comment box.
Also Read: Who Invented Mobile Phone and when – Know Full Information
Interesting facts About World’s First Newspaper Invented
- The first newspaper was invented in ancient Rome, around 59 BC.
- It was called “Acta Diurna,” which means “Daily Acts” or “Daily Public Records.”
- The Acta Diurna was a daily government bulletin that was carved on metal or stone and displayed in public places, such as forums and markets.
- It contained news about political and social events, including public notices, military campaigns, and gladiatorial games.
- The Acta Diurna was distributed free of charge, and it was available to everyone, regardless of their social status or education level.
- The Acta Diurna was the first recorded form of news media in history.
- The concept of the Acta Diurna was later adapted by other civilizations, such as China and Europe.
- The first printed newspaper was created in Germany in the early 1600s.
- It was called “Relation,” and it contained news about politics, wars, and natural disasters.
- The first English-language newspaper was called “The Daily Courant,” and it was published in London in 1702.