The Government today announced a relief package to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced a package of 1.70 lake crore for the poor, laborers and employees in a press conference. It’s name is Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana. Apart from this, the government will contribute the share of both the employees and the employers for the 3 months that the government has announced.
Government Announced :
- The finance Minister said in the press conference that 80 crore people will get cheap rate food grains under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana.
- The government said that no one should worry about poor food due to COVD-19. Poor people will get 5 kg extra grain for 3 months free. They will also get one kilo of lentils for free. The poor will also get wheat, rice and pulses.The limit of collateral free loan has been increased from Rs 10 lakh to 20 lakh to registered self help group under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana. This will benefit 7 crore families.
Insurance of Rs 50 lakh to health workers the government has announced an insurance of Rs 50 lakh to the health workers who have contributed to fight the corona virus . The will benefit doctors, paramedics and health workers.
- 8.69 crore farmers will get 2 thousand rupees .Under the Prime minister Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana, the first installment will be transferred to the farmers in the first week of April. To farmers immediately .
- MNREGA workers salary increased The salary of those working under MNREGA has been increased.
- Assistance to 3 crore senior citizens, widows Poor elders, poor widows and poor disabled people will get 1000 rupees for an additional three months if they do not have problems during this difficult time. it will go to his bank account through DBT in two installments.
- 20 crores Jan Dhan women Rs 500 per month 500 rupees per month will be transferred to the account of women in Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan account . This will benefits 20 crore Jan than women . It will be transferred through DBT.
- Up to 3 months free cylinder unde Ujjwala scheme Big announcement to free the corona virus from worry . The worry of food- money and gas will end. About 8.3 BPL crore families will be given 3 months free LPG cylinders under the Ujjwala scheme.
- EPF Government to be filled for next three months For the next three months, the government will give EPF contribution on behalf of both the employer and the employee. That’s is , the government will give 12 to 12 percent of the contribution to be done by both, that is ,24 percent of the total contribution. These are for all those institutions, which have up to 100 employees get a monthly salary of less than Rs 15000. More than 80 lake employees and more than 4 lake institutions will benefit from this.
- Welfare fund for construction workers The government has also announced for laborers engaged in construction work . The Finance Minister said that construction workers are facing a lot of problems during the corona crisis. In this case, they will be given help from the welfare Fund This 31000 crore fund is available for 3.5 crore registered laborers. Instructions have been given to the states that this fund should be used for the interest of these construction workers due to disruption caused by Corona
- PF withdrawal amount will be relaxed Apart from this, the government has announced relaxation of the conditions for withdrawal of PF amount. The finance minister said, employees will be able to withdraw 3 months salary or 75 percent amount from their PF account. This will their PF account. This will benefits 4.8 crore people.
- These big decisions were taken in there last 48 hours On Wednesday,in a meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the cabinet decided to give food grains at a cheaper rate to 80 crore people. After the cabinet meeting, Union Minister Prakash Javadekar told in the press conference that the government will get 80 crore people with wheat for Rs 27 a kg for only Rs 2 per kg and rice for Rs 37 kg at Rs 3 per kg.
- The finance minister announced a complete exemption from minimum balance charge for savings bank account . That is, there is no need to maintain a minimum balance in a bank account.
For the next 3 months , no charge will be given for withdrawing money from any banks ATM from any bank debit card. The government’s intention is that people do not have to go far away from their homes to withdraw cash and can withdraw money from the available ATMs nearby.
Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome ( HPS )Facts 2020