2022 Guide to print envelopes using Google Docs: Although the world is becoming more digital every year, physical mail remains an important way to communicate with others – especially for businesses. The Google Apps suite has a great selection of tools and add-ons to help you streamline the process of creating envelopes. All you need is access to a printer, a Windows or Apple PC, and a browser like Google Chrome or iOS and Android apps.
Here’s how you can print envelopes using Google Docs.
Table of Contents
How to Print Envelopes Using Google Docs
There are several envelope add-ons for Google Docs to help you create and print envelopes. For this tutorial, we will use the Mail Merge add-on.
Note: Mail Merge allows you to perform 20 merges of up to 30 rows in their free trial.
Step 1: Open your document
Open a Google Docs document by going to the Google Docs web app (or smartphone app) and clicking The new Google Doc.
Step 2: Open Mail Merge and select the envelope size
If you don’t have the Mail Merge add-on yet, you can install it with the following steps. If it is already installed, skip to step 5.
- Click Extensions On the toolbar, then select Add-ons > Get add-ons.
- In the Google Docs Add-ons menu, it says “Search Apps”. Mail merge. choose Mail merge from the list.
- Click Mail merge App and select Install it.
- choose continue Then confirm your account and give required permissions for mail merge.
- Click after installing Extensions > Mail merge > Envelopes. Alternatively, select Mail merge Select and from the sidebar Envelopes.
- Wait for the pop-up to load and then select your envelope size. Set a custom page size or from the drop-down menu. Click Save to finalize.
Note: If you cannot create an envelope template this way, select file > Page setup. Here, you can set the orientation and paper size Before moving on to the next step.
Step 3: Customize your envelope
The next step is to edit your document to add the required fields, including the recipient’s address and your return address. To do so, use Google Docs editing tools Just like you would in a regular document. For example:
Note: Add custom fonts, colors and branding to personalize your envelope.
Step 4: Add merge fields
If you’re printing a series of envelopes from a mailing list, you can merge fields to speed up the process by creating a Google Docs envelope template (rather than adding individual details to each envelope). To do so:
- Click Extensions > Mail merge > Get started.
- choose Open the spreadsheet.
- Select your Google Sheet. If it doesn’t appear in the drop-down menu, select it Google Drive And use the search box to locate the document. If you used Microsoft Excel to create a spreadsheet, you can easily convert it to a Google Sheet.
- Place your cursor where you want to insert the merge field. in Merge field In the drop-down, select the field you want to add (eg, recipient name). Click add.
- When you’re done, select letters in Merge to drop down box. Then click merger.
- Mail Merge displays how many envelopes you want to create. Click Yes If this is correct.
- Your envelopes will be generated according to the values in your spreadsheet.
Step 5: Open a new document and print it
Once the process is complete, open the envelope document. This will show all your newly created envelopes in a list. Double check that everything is formatted correctly.
If so, it’s time to print:
- choose file > printing.
- choose More settings And confirm Paper size and other settings are correct.
- choose printing.
Sending mail has never been easier.
With this tutorial, you can easily print envelopes using Google Docs and as many envelopes as you want. We used Mail Merge, one of the most popular and popular Google Docs add-ons. However, there are plenty of free options if you use a free trial and the price is too steep.
Thanks For Reading This Post on 2022 Guide to print envelopes using Google Docs & Mail Merge
Free envelope printing template || print envelopes using Google Docs || google docs envelope template || google docs envelope template 2021 || google docs envelope template 2020 || free envelope printing template || mail merge envelopes google docs || how to print an envelope in word || 10 envelope template google docs || print on envelopes || print envelopes using Google Docs